At MMC Style, Mallory will give you more than a great men’s haircut, she’ll also give great advice on men’s style, trends, and grooming products. Your first visit to the salon involves an initial consultation during which I will ask a few questions to help determine the best haircut and style for you.
To my Midwest women and men that love your hair all winter long because the dry air doesn’t trigger your frizz. Then come spring the second a bit of moisture and heat hits the air you don’t even want to style your hair, all you can do is tie it back, cover it with a headband or some kind of scarf. I have a solution to all of your hair frustration prayers! The Brazilian Blowout.
Ready for Frizz Free hair this summer with a Brazilian Blowout?
If you haven’t heard about a Brazilian Blowout at all, or if you have heard it mentioned and thought at first it sounds like something related to a waxing service, you are not alone.
The Original Brazilian Blowout has nothing to do with waxing and is everything an anti-frizz smoothing system for your hair. In fact, it’s the only hair smoothing treatment that is asked for by it’s actual name. It has been the most consistent smoothing system around our industry that I have seen in my over 10 years of doing hair.
What I mean by anti-frizz smoothing system:
It’s not a “straightener” or “relaxer.” It is a customizable treatment, which improves the condition of the hair through technology that creates a protective protein layer around your individual strands of hair. This leaves you with frizz-free, smooth hair that has the most amazing shine you’ve ever had.
Why I choose to offer and always recommend the Brazilian Blowout over any other smoothing system:
My favorite observations with Brazilian Blowouts on my own hair and my guests:
- Hair is so flexible, more so than usual, it doesn’t get stiff like a relaxer or other treatment. I end up walking around at home shaking my head around singing “I whip my hair back-and-forth!”
- When the Brazilian Blowout is done right after a color service, it really helps lock that color in and adds a ton of shine into an already vibrant color. It creates stunning results, and really elevates how the color and hairstyle looks.
- Hair dries so quickly and styles easily with a Brazilian Blowout. The Brazilian Blowout smooths down the cuticle (outside layer) of your hair strands, so you can blast the water out of your hair very quickly, and a quick blow dry hairstyle is made totally possible!
The more technical perks to the Brazilian Blowout that make it superior to other similar treatments:
- It is customizable, which really makes it unique to your desired results, hair type, and what you like to wear for an everyday hairstyle. If you like to wear your hair curly, you can diminish your frizz; therefore, defining your curls and having worry free styling. You can have some volume left around the top, or choose to go really nice and sleek (and everything in between).
- It works for all hair types, making anyone with frizzy hair a great candidate. Regardless of if you have curly, kinky, straight, or a nice beach wave to your hair, the Brazilian Blowout will wipe out your frizz and keep it smooth even on the most humid days!
- If you’ve ever had a Keratin, another type of smoothing system, or thought about one, you’ve heard the 72 hour rule. Meaning there is NO washing, NO tucking, NO bobby pins, NO putting your hair up, pretty much NO living your life when it comes to your hair for 72 HOURS! With Brazilian Blowout there is none of that, you could go workout with your hair in a ponytail right after receiving a treatment, then go shower and wash your hair off immediately after, amazing!
- All it takes is about an hour and a half of your life for super simplified styling and frizz free hair for up to 12 weeks!
- Unlike relaxers, straighteners, and keratin treatments (which are another smoothing treatment), Brazilian Blowout does not leave a line of outgrowth as your hair grows in. It gently fades off the hair, and even what’s left on because it’s such a natural looking treatment, someone looking at you cannot see a line of where it starts or stops.
You can set up an appointment with me today to either have a consultation to ask any other questions you may have, or to make sure the Brazilian Blowout is right for you (I can almost 100% guarantee it is right for anyone looking to eliminate frizz), or go ahead and book your Brazilian Blowout right here:Book Online
The Undercut: For Men by Mallory Cook – Hair Stylist
Men’s undercuts have been a trend for a long time, they’ve come from a style that was a very much so DIY (do it yourself) kind of style that was clip up the hair you wanted up top, shave everything down underneath, and slick back the top. Nowadays the undercut is extremely trendy, and can be applied in so many different ways, there’s an option for almost every guy, his look and his hair type.
Keep in mind as you’re reading through these different undercut hair styles, most can be worn in more than one way. Ask your stylist for styling tips as far as how to blow dry & what products to use to get the most out of your style!
If you like to wear your hair back:
The traditional application of the undercut of shaving down the sides and wearing the top long and back is still a thing, but there’s so many options. From fading the sides to a length of your desire, to wearing a beard with this, really any guy in any profession, and any style can wear this look. A pomade can be used to style the type in a sort of wet look for more of a hip kind of style, or a wax to create more of a natural finish will keep this look more natural and care free looking.
Your stylist will know based on the growth patterns of your hair, just how high you should go with your undercut, what length is going to work best based on how it grows out and how it lays. So look to them for suggestions if your trying an undercut for the first time
If your hair is curly/wavy:
An undercut for curly hair can be a really fun change, and for my guys with curly hair it’s a great way to condense your haircut to not feeling so wide on your head. Again with this style the length on the sides is up for interpretation of the overall style you’re going for. You can use a pomade to add some shine and definition to your waves.
If you like to wear your hair forward:
If you’re a guy who likes to wear your hair forward, or that’s just the way your hair grows so you don’t have much of a say in the matter, an undercut can still work great for you. You can wear it short and spikey, use a paste to create lots of definition in the hair style. Or wear a styling cream for a softer finish that’d go great in any type of office setting.
Lastly, if you’re a guy who pushes his hair to the side you can have a lot of fun with an undercut. From shaved in hard parts, to softer everyday looks, this hair style has many options. The longer the top compared to the sides the more of a unique look this will provide.
2018 – 2019 Men’s Trending Hairstyles
The past year men’s hairstyles followed a more natural, messy style, that has carried into 2019 as guys want the option of easier styling, while being able to be low maintenance as far as trips to the salon or barbershop. What’s important to remember for men is guys like change too, and they like to feel there is thought and effort going into how their hair is cut and styled when they’re in for their hair visit.
A lot of the styles now mostly work for all hair types, lengths and textures. So to my guys with thick, wavy or curly hair: rock that natural texture, the trends included in “short on the sides, long on top,” will all work great for you too.
A slight change to the haircut can make a big change to the overall feel
Guys, ask your stylist if your looking for something a little edgier than your classic crew cut for suggestions, fading the sides shorter, or leaving a little extra length on top. Another simple option is to work with your stylist on wearing it all over slightly longer, your stylist will let you know when you should come in for neck cleanups and reshaping (to keep your hair growing down, not out). Any of these options can freshen up your do, but keep it simple to style since you already have been pretty much styling this cut, just slightly different!
New Hair Style Product:
Another way to switch up your style if your not looking to do anything extreme with your cut is change up your styling routine. Try a pomade, such as Redken Brews Wax Pomade, it’ll give you a shiney finish without looking stiff, or Redken Brews Clay Pomade will give you a more rugged, matte finish with lots of texture.
Try Some Hair Color, it’s for Men too!
Guys can and do color their hair too. You can go darker to make a bold, sophisticated statement, cover gray, add in some silver highlights for a distinguished look, or add some sun-kissed highlights for a summery, brightened vibe. Chat with your stylist before booking a color appointment, he or she will guide you on how much time to allow for and the steps involved.
Try out the best hair styling products in the industry from Pulp Riot, Pureology, Redken and More
I’d love to show you which products work best for you and your lifestyle. Schedule a haircut, color, product or bridal (+groom) consultation with me today by contacting me by any of the methods below. I look forward to helping you find “The Right Style For Your Lifestyle!”